Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup

I have a pretty serious mild addiction to Pinterest. I love that website! There are SO many great recipes that I have found, tried and loved. It is a stormy day today, so soup it is! I think any kind of soup, or anything made in the slow cooker is my comfort food. This recipe is both so it is perfect for a cozy day like today!
5 cups of chicken broth (I used five cups of water and five boullion cubes)
One 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onions, chopped fine
1/2 cup celery, chopped fine
1/2 cup carrots, chopped fine
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
One 15 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tsp Basil
2 tsp Parsely
1 1/2 cup Egg noodles
2 cups cooked chicken chopped or 2 cans canned cooked chicken (I cubed thawed raw chicken and cooked it in the slowcooker with everything else, instead of adding it in the end--I'm all about saving time and using less dishes!)

Add everything but the noodles and cooked chicken to the crock pot on Low for 5-6 hours, the last hour turn on High, and add noodles and chicken. SO easy, and worked great! :) Thankyou Pinterest!


picture via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment