Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tex-Mex Pasta Salad

My friend Andrea brought this DELICIOUS pasta salad to a Youth Conference campout a couple months ago. I could not stop eating it! It is seriously delicious. I love that it has a bit of a kick to it, but still mild enough that my kids loved it too! The Fiesta Ranch packet was harder to find than I expected though. So next time I find some in the grocery store I am going to stock up like crazy! :)
 
Ingredients:
 
12 ox bag spiral pasta (can be multicolored to be more festive), cooked and drained
1 red or green pepper, cut in pieces (I use a variety of red, orange, and yellow peppers)
1 can olives, halved
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 red onion, thinly sliced (I only use 1/4)
1 pkg. grape tomatoes
1 cup cheese, cubed
1 avocado, sliced (add just before serving)

Mix together. Toss pasta salad with dressing.  Chill before serving.
Dressing:
2 Cups buttermilk
2 Cups Mayonnaise
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch dry dressing mix (must be Hidden Valley brand)

Enjoy!  It makes a lot, so be prepared. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment